Tuesday, May 17, 2011

come back in 3-5 years, now go live your life!

Those are the BEST words I could hear. After waiting for a week to find out my results, the doctor said, nothing to worry about, in the scale of precancerous, you are at the very lowest end, so you have nothing to worry about. If it were me, I would get out there and live my life, and so should you!

My wife was sitting next to me. I took it all in. I wanted to make sure. I had 5 questions, and he answered each one with calm and certainty, I had nothing to worry about. The 2 precancerous polyps were so small and at the lowest possible grade, he couldn't even determine if they would have ever turned into cancer.

He said he normally would say let's check in 5 years, but...he knew I wouldn't want to wait that long, he said why not see him in 3 years. I offered next year, but he said it takes 3-5 years for a polyp to form, so it was a good time to check again.
Then he said...go live your life! You have a better chance of dying of a heart attack than dying of a precancerous polyp. I told him, "Well, I've had the dress rehearsal for the heart attack, and I lived to tell about it!" He laughed and said, "Okay, so...you have nothing to worry about!"

No comments:

Post a Comment